Thanks for visiting The Tee Cat. We’ll do all we can to ensure you have an enjoyable shopping experience, and that you are completely happy with your printed T shirt.
Now for the legal bit…
- Trading details
- Ordering from us
- Supply and pricing of goods
- Returns and refunds
- Use of the Website
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) set out your rights and obligations, and those of TheTeeCat.com (“we” or “us”), in relation to this website, www.TheTeeCat.com (the “Website”), any TheTeeCat application that you access (the “App”) and any products, services and material of any kind available through the Site, the App or us (the “Services”).
When we refer to “The Tee Cat” in these Terms, we mean us, the Site, the App and/or the Services, according to the context.
By registering with The Tee Cat, you accept that you are entering into a contract with us under these Terms. People who register with The Tee Cat establish an “Account”, and become “Users”. Visitors to The Tee Cat who do not register with The Tee Cat, but who nevertheless use the Site or download the App, affirm that they are bound by these Terms each time they access The Tee Cat.
You must be at least 16 years of age to use this website or the app.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use this Website or the App.
You should be aware that these Terms may change from time to time in accordance with section 13 below.
You will be able to access most areas of The Tee Cat without registering your details with us. Other areas, and the opportunity to place orders with us, are only open to you if you register. I agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Notice, and I am 16 years or older.
2. Trading details
Whenever you buy a product through this Website or the App, you will be contracting with Better Web Services Ltd (BetterWebServices.co.uk) a sole trader in England and Wales.
3. Ordering from us
3.1. Product description
We use our reasonable endeavours to make sure that every product on The Tee Cat is shown accurately and that prices are correct. However, occasionally there may be small variations in colour, typefaces and layout.
3.2. Placing your order
A contract for the purchase of a product is created as follows:
- The User places the order on the Site or App by pressing an order confirmation button (“Checkout”) at the end of the checkout process: if the product in question includes content selected by the User it is a “personalised product”; if it is a standard product which does not include any content selected by the User it is a “non-personalised product”
- By confirming your order, you are agreeing to purchase the product you have selected
- At this point, we take payment for your order by means of your nominated payment method
- We will send to you a “Thank you for your order” email detailing your order, and other information we must provide to you
From time to time, we may reject an order for the following reasons:
If, unfortunately, we do not have your chosen product in stock
- Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
- If there has been a relevant pricing or product description error
- If your order otherwise breaches any of the requirements of these Terms
- The use of images for a personalised product which are corrupted, unsupported technically or inadequately pixelated
- If a personalised product you wish to order contains anything which contravenes, or appears to contravene, our Content Rules (see section 3.4 below for our Content Rules)
- We suspect that the order has been placed fraudulently
- It appears that the order mistakenly duplicates another order
If your order is rejected, we will contact you to confirm this and reverse the payment you have made for that order.
There are limited circumstances in which you may cancel an order after it has been made – see section 6 on this.
Note that we may bar or prevent an individual Account, User, email address or other identifier from making purchases or otherwise interacting with us where we reasonably suspect an association with fraud or other infringements of the law.
You must be at least 16 years of age to use this website or the app.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use this website or the app.
3.3. Personalising products
If you are uploading a photo, images must be in JPEG or PNG format. Any other format such as Word documents and PDFs cannot be accepted. For best results, we advise that you make the image dimensions approximately 1,000 pixels for the smallest edge of your photos. We print images at 300DPI (Dots Per Inch), so if you are scanning the image we recommend you use this setting. If you try to upload a photo that has a lower resolution or image size, we will not accept it.
By uploading, posting, contributing or including any content or material in a personalised product, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable licence (including the right to grant sub-licences through multiple tiers) to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and communicate to the public that content or material solely for the purpose of performing obligations and exercising rights under these Terms. Note that we may modify content or material in order to conform it to The Tee Cat or the requirements of the product you have ordered (such as by cropping images).
3.4. Content Rules
We do not permit personalised products to include any content or material which:
- infringes anyone’s copyright: in particular, you must ensure that you either own the copyright in an image or any other content that you wish to include in a personalised product or that you are fully licensed by the copyright owner to include that image or other content in the personalised product
- infringes any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality
- contravenes any applicable law (including, without limitation, any criminal law) or regulation
- is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person
- misrepresents identity or impersonates any person
- includes any material containing personally identifying information about another person, such as their address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person
- contains material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group
- may harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any person
- gives the impression that it emanates from or has been approved by us
- advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act
The above are our Content Rules.
3.5. Ordering multiple products
When ordering multiple products as part of the same order, The Tee Cat despatches each item separately via its courier and cannot guarantee delivery of multiple packages on the same day.
At The Tee Cat, you can pay for your products using credit card, debit card or any other payment method which we make available to you at the time of your order.
In addition, some products can be paid for using “PayPal”.
4. Supply and pricing of products
4.1. Supply of Products
The T shirts and other products sold by us through our Website and the App are manufactured and shipped from a range of different in-house and third-party production facilities based in the United Kingdom, and overseas.
4.2. Postage and packaging charges
For most items, prices are shown exclusive of postage and packaging charges; these will be shown separately at the checkout stage before you place your order. In some cases, prices shown may include postage and packaging. If this is the case this will be clearly stated.
4.3. Substitute Products
Please note that if a product is unavailable, we may substitute it with an alternative product unless you request us not to do so.
During the order process, The Tee Cat will generally notify you of the despatch dates available and the expected timeframe for receiving your order; however, The Tee Cat does not guarantee delivery dates or times. We will make you aware of delivery charges (if any) before you place your order.
Expected delivery times and charges will differ depending on which products you order and your geographical location. More details are set out below.
5.1. General dispatch information
The despatch date is the day we SEND the item you have ordered, NOT the day it will be delivered.
- Your order is likely to arrive much faster if you use a postcode
- You can check that you have the correct postcode by using the Royal Mail’s postcode finder available at www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the Royal Mail’s postcode finder
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you provide for any order you place is correct
5.2. Circumstances Beyond Our Control
Neither we, nor any delivery service that we use, shall be liable for any failure to perform Services where such failure or delay results from any circumstances outside our reasonable control; these circumstances include but are not limited to adverse weather conditions (such as snow, flood and extreme winds), fire, explosion, accident, traffic congestion, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, terrorism, act of God, or industrial dispute or strike.
6. Returns and refunds
At The Tee Cat, we always try to send your products in perfect condition. However, occasionally, a problem can arise. In the unlikely event that a product is faulty, or it is damaged in delivery or is the wrong item, we ask you to contact us to let us know of the problem as soon as possible. We will then advise you on whether you are eligible for a refund or replacement.
We have different rules for returns of (a) personalised products, and (b) non- personalised products – see “Returning products and issuing refunds” below.
6.1. Circumstances Beyond Our Control
If for any reason you are not happy with your The Tee Cat order, please contact our Customer Service Team at contact@TheTeeCat.com. You will need to quote your order number, the email address you have registered and the details of the problem with the order.
We aim to acknowledge any complaint within 14 working days (usually it takes 1-2 days), and will do our best to resolve it within 28 days. We may ask you to take a photograph of the product to help us communicate with our suppliers and correct any future problems. Should it be necessary, we will then advise you how to return your item.
6.2. Returning products and issuing refunds
Personalised products: Printed T Shirts
Where an item is faulty, we will ask you to return it to us within three days of receipt. You can contact our Customer Service Team for a Freepost returns address. Your right to return items to us in accordance with these Terms is in addition to any other statutory rights you may have.
If you are eligible for a refund, we will reimburse the price you have paid for the product(s) onto the credit or debit card that you paid with. Alternatively, we may offer to reprint (if applicable) and resend the item free of charge. Please note it is not our policy to offer both a refund and a resend.
Refunds cannot be given if the fault is a result of your own actions such as product misuse or if personalisation is mis-spelt or if you have uploaded an image of a low resolution or size.
7. Use of the Website
7.1. Abuse of service
You agree not to use The Tee Cat directly or indirectly for any unlawful purpose, or to cause distress or offence to any person. You also agree not to upload, email to us or print any images or other material which might infringe our Content Rules.
7.2. Intellectual Property
All text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, page layouts, design and other material that appears on the Website or App is protected by The Tee Cat’s or third party copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. “The Tee Cat” is our registered trademark, and you agree not to display or use it in any manner without our prior written consent.
You may use and access The Tee Cat to the extent required for the use of the Services in accordance with these Terms, and for the purpose that we make them available. You are not allowed to remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in material taken from The Tee Cat.
No-one may copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from The Tee Cat, or any of the material which is found on The Tee Cat unless properly licensed in writing by us to do so. You are not allowed to use The Tee Cat (or to copy or use any material found on The Tee Cat) for any commercial purpose other than to conduct the purchase of a product from The Tee Cat.
No-one may use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access The Tee Cat for any purpose without our prior express written permission.
7.3. Website content and service access
We will always try to ensure that The Tee Cat is available 24 hours a day. However, we will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time, or for any period.
Occasionally, we may provide links to other websites or resources for your convenience. We do not endorse the contents of those websites and are not responsible for their availability or service. We will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked third party websites you do so at your own risk.
We use reasonable care and skill to provide products in accordance with our specifications for The Tee Cat but:
- the Services are provided “as is”
- we cannot and do not guarantee that The Tee Cat or the Services will meet your requirements
We shall have no obligation, duty or liability whatsoever in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty and any other tort) or otherwise, save as expressly provided in these Terms.
Nothing in these Terms excludes or restricts our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, nor our contractual obligations in respect of products we agree to supply following our acceptance of your order in accordance with section 3.2. We are under a legal duty to supply goods which conform to our contract with the User.
We, our agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees and subcontractors will not be liable to you or anyone else, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, breach of statutory duty or other tort) or otherwise:
- for any loss of revenue, data, business, anticipated savings, profits, opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or for any business interruption
- any loss or corruption of data
- any loss or damage which does not directly result from (or which exceeds that which was caused as a direct result of) our breach of this Agreement, howsoever caused or arising
Except as expressly stated elsewhere in these Terms, all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms, whether express or implied (by common law, statute, collaterally or otherwise) are hereby excluded, except in the case of fraud, or where such exclusion is not permitted by law.
We will not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations under these Terms caused by matters beyond our reasonable control.
You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the Terms by you, your use of the Website or App, or anything done while your Account is logged into the Website or App.
We reserve the right at any time and without notice (a) to suspend or terminate your ability to access The Tee Cat, (b) to suspend or terminate your use of all or part of the Services and/or any then-current orders for products, and/or (c) to take technical and legal steps to stop you from using The Tee Cat if you appear to us to be in breach of any provision of these Terms. Should we do so, you acknowledge that we shall not incur any liability to you or to any other person.
In addition, we are entitled to suspend provision of all or part of the Services at any time if we are obliged or advised to comply with an order, instruction or request of any limb of government, or any regulator, court or other competent authority.
7.7. Contact from third parties
If anyone contacts us in relation to you or your Account’s use of The Tee Cat or a transaction associated with you or your Account, then you agree:
- to provide all reasonable information and assistance we may require in connection with responding to that contact
- to respond promptly and accurately to it, should we pass the message to you for a response
These Terms are intended to contain your entire agreement with us relating to the Services, the Website and the App.
If any of these Terms is found to be invalid this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully enforceable. Our failure to act with respect to a breach of these Terms by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
Only you and The Tee Cat shall be entitled to enforce these Terms. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Terms whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time, and post the new version on The Tee Cat. The new version of these Terms will take effect:
- commencing 28 days after the date of posting (or such later date as we indicate in the relevant posting), if any of the changes is to an operative provision of these Terms which is capable of adversely affecting you
- immediately upon the date of posting (or such later date as we indicate in the relevant posting), if the changes are not reasonably capable of adversely affecting you – examples of which would include, without limitation, (i) changing the name of, and/or the web-address that you use to access, The Tee Cat, and (ii) the refinement of provisions that are already included or referred to in these Terms
In either case, if you do not wish to be governed by the new version of these Terms, you must cease to use the Services and The Tee Cat. For the avoidance of doubt, we will not have any liability to you in that event.
These Terms, the Services and each order and purchase of a product shall be governed by English law.
You and we each submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to disputes arising in connection with these Terms, the Services and any order for or purchase of a product.
We don’t separately file the Terms entered into by Users when they register for The Tee Cat. Please make a durable copy of these Terms by printing and/or saving a downloaded copy on your own computer. They are offered in English only.
By submitting a review on The Tee Cat, you confirm and agree that:
- You are the sole author of the review – none of it has been copied from elsewhere;
- Your review is accurate and fair;
- You are at least 18 years old; and
- You grant The Tee Cat a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and licence to use copy and modify your review.
You also agree you will not submit a review:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes anyone’s copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights, or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality;
- That breaches any applicable law, or that advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory;
- That promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That references any other website or service;
- That misrepresents identity or impersonates any person;
- That includes any personally identifying information about any person, such as their name, address, phone number, or email address;
- That is pornographic, obscene or indecent;
- That may harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any person; or
- That comments on any other reviewer
- The Tee Cat reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to:
- Decline to publish a review; and
- Remove a review for any reason
For any review that you submit, you grant The Tee Cat a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and licence to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate and create derivative works from that review in any medium or technology throughout the world.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that The Tee Cat and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and for other administrative purposes.
When we refer to “The Tee Cat” in these Terms, we mean Better Web Services Ltd t/a The Tee Cat, the www.TheTeeCat.com site, any “The Tee Cat” application that you access, according to the context.